In a world that we live in everybody seems to be busy doing something. Working, talking, walking or simply helping somebody. As we begin to age everyday we take on new responsibilities, have obligations to meet and have expectations of ourselves and others. More like others! Others depend on us for this and for that, because we have showed them that they can depend on us, solicited or unsolicited. Can you remember the last time that you didn’t do anything for others and decided to wait to see if someone would help them or that they would figure it out on their own? Did you feel guilty or that you were letting them down? Is this a Pause4U moment? Or Pause4Them? You decide. What will it be and why?
Pledge to do something Today/Weekly/Monthly that you particularly want to do instead of putting it off for another time. Use the same energy and resources that you put into others to put into yourself.
For me, I went and made a 1-night reservation into a 4 star hotel. I told my children only and enjoyed my stay. I disrobed and became free as a bird with no restrictions to my whole self. I watched T.V. , took a bath and became one with myself. It was an awesome experience! I can’t wait to do it again!
Here are just a few suggestions to begin your commitment to you;
- Decide what it is that you would like to do if there were no limitations.
- Plan and block out the date that you would like to commit. Make the plan clear on a calendar or paper so that it is real to you.
- Don’t let anyone talk you out of it, it’s for you.
- Celebrate your new commitment with excitement.
- Remember! You deserve your time too!